Michelangelo: The Sistine Chapel

The Creation of Adam, by Michelangelo

If you believe that there is or might be a God (or gods), does Michelangelo's representation of God on the Sistine Chapel ceiling resemble the picture of God in your head? Why or why not?

Martha: I always imagined God younger, with brownish-reddish hair. But the clothing and body are pretty accurate.

Elle: The colors are very dark. The Bible says the reason the angels glow is because they are in the presence of God. I wouldn't have known it was God in this painting if it weren't for the caption.

Lellie: My vision of God would have way more nature and animals.

Griffin: Yes, because he resembles power -- everybody else is looking up to him.

Taylor: No, because I think of God as more of a spirit, and in this painting he is more solid.

Jack K.: I don't think this painting resembles God because no one can truly describe god.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Excellent Examples of Informative Writing

Initial Questions About Religion

More Impressions from Washington