Annotating

Today was exciting: our first day of combined English/History classes!

Mr. Passmore and I will combine our classes for the next month. Together, we will read Among the Hidden, discuss the purposes of government, begin to examine the Middle Ages, and write informative papers about medieval castles.

I am really looking forward to working on these important -- and interesting -- topics and skills.

Today, I learned from the student about the techniques they've been learning, during English class, to annotate texts.

The students taught me about several types of annotations:
  • Things you notice
  • Connections you make
  • Questions you have
  • Reactions you have
The students' annotating skills are going to be especially helpful as we research medieval castles. 

Here are some of Lila's clever annotations made when we read about the history of shelter during today's class:


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Excellent Examples of Informative Writing

Initial Questions About Religion

More Impressions from Washington